J.L. Childress Ultimate Backpack Padded Car Seat Travel Bag, Black

  • Padding protects your car seat's safety features and backpack straps allow you to carry your car seat hands-free. Airline certified
  • To ensure that this item fits your car seat, check the compatibility chart in the Technical Specification section below (click on User Manual)
  • Fully padded with padded interior wings to protect car seat headrest ; Ergonomic, harness-style backpack straps are padded and adjustable
  • Dual, lockable zipper opening ; Durable construction using water resistant and easy to clean materials. TIPS- When traveling with an infant car seat, detach the base and place it on top of the car seat inside the bag. Additionally, utilize the extra space in the bag for packing diapers, towels, clothing and more as most airlines allow you to check your car seat for free
  • Brought to you by J.L. Childress, the worldwide leading brand in universal car seat and stroller travel bags. From our family to yours, Travel Happy! #travelhappy #jlchildress #familytravel

I got this item from Amazon Warehouse listed as "used" because the original package had been damaged. That wasn't the case at all! I had received a notice that it would be delayed, and I was on a timeline for traveling, so I ordered a full priced one as a backup in case the first one didn't come in. I got them both the same day and looked the "used" one over meticulously. It was in perfect shape! It actually came in a perfectly intact cardboard package with a plastic bag surround. I happily kept it and returned the new one. It fit our Britax convertible seat and a travel booster in the same bag. My husband appreciated the backpack straps. I was a little nervous about the zipper from the other reviews, but this one seemed to hold up just fine. My husband and I definitely had to work together to get it positioned and zipped up the fastest/easiest way, but it didn't really bother us. Note: we gate check our car seats, so this bag didn't get tossed and thrown around like regular luggage. I'm not sure how it would have held up to that treatment, but I'm not willing to put my $300 car seat through the ringer just to test it out.

We're just now finished with carseat kid travel and I figure this is as good of time as any to describe our experiences. We bought two, one in 2012 and one in 2015. The older one received 12 flights as checked luggage and the new one just 2 (I stuffed it in the overhead a couple times when we used the seat in plane). First - it fit all our carseats snuggly, Britax and Graco - never an issue. Second - stuff in some diapers, since airlines check these free you can sneak some lightweight bulk in there. We also added stuffed animals, we figure adding lightweight stuff would they wouldn't mind. American Airlines was fine each time. Third - I was able to carry both as one-strap backpacks without an issue. Fourth- the older model has a split seam - duck tape took care of it, no issues. While an expensive bag, it checks free and saved us money when you consider the diapers/stuffies would have cost us another checked bag plus the rental car company would have assessed us a $10 a day car seat fee to use theirs.

My husband was going to put the car seats in a large trash bags but I got this instead. I'm so glad I got this coz I was able to fit 2 car seats, a Britax b-safe baby car seat (without the base) and a Cosco scenera next, both in the same bag!! It was a bit tight when we zipped it up because of the shape but seemed to be ok after it was closed. I was also able to utilize the extra space in the bag for other random items. This made our life a lot easier when we were transporting our luggage, kids, car seats and stroller in the airport. The bag survived a short round trip flight on Southwest when we checked it in (not gate checked!). Hope this bag will last!

I bought this bag in 2013 for use with my first child and since then it’s been on more than 30 round trip flights. In 2015, we had our second child and found we could easily fit both a travel car seat/or the infant car seat along with a booster with a little room for diapers separated into ziplock bags. Now, traveling with our third, Ive found I can fit both our cosco travel car seat AND maxi cosi infant car seat in the bag and then I’ll be throwing our travel booster in with the stroller. This bag is amazing. I love it. My husband has carried it and so have I without problems, although I have to say when we were originally using it with our peg perego car seat I wish he would have told me how heavy it was. Once I started sharing the carrying responsibility, I quickly purchased some lighter, cheaper seats and now we can carry them without hurting our backs. Traveling this way is WAY better than renting those super cheap/gross car seats from car rental companies.

I purchased this car seat cover for my "round two" of travel/flying solo with my Tiny Tot. Round one I learned a few things and I changed up my styles bit for this one. I have two pictures also posted above regarding the tight squeeze of zipping my seat in and a smart/space saving packing tip. I have an Evenflo Symphony 65 e3 All-In-One Convertible Car Seat and it ALMOST didn't fit. Let me say this, if you do have two car seats I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you Pre-pack the one you're traveling with at Home. I did a test run of my seat in our house and thankfully I did because it put up a fight! I had to squeeze and tweek the seat adjustments of my chair by raising the head rest and pullinh the zippered pieces together so that it could fit the contours of the stitching of the bag (insert "...Fat man in a Little Coat.."). I would have hated to attempt to bag my car seat at a busy airport traveling solo with a mobile infant. At home he could walk around, etc. in the confines and I didn't have to worry about him being kidnapped (seriously, it could happen), wandering off, hit by a car at passenger drop off/parking lot. Once your car seat is packed (depending on the size) and on your back you are a walking barge, keep that in mind so you don't bump yourself into something/one. I'm a 5'4"/140lbs female and I could carry my seat on my back, you'll look like a pack mule but it can be done (remember you're only carrying it to baggage check!). *HIGHLY SUGGESTED* *Smart/Space-saving Packing Tip* If you're traveling with bulky diaper, wipes, extra blankets, etc. all the Extras kids come with use the plastic zipper bag the seat is packaged, place those bulky items in there, and put them in the car seat before you zip it up! This saved so much space in my personal luggage. Additionally, God forbid, if your zipper breaks (mine has not, but we have only used it for One round-trip flight so far) your items are secured in the bag! They won't fly all over the place and get randomly lost! Also, as seen above, the bag is CLEAR, if TSA needs to check your seat for security measures, it's easy for them to see what you have and again, your stuff won't fall out and get lost! UPDATE: 3/30/14 I had to bump this review up to five stars. I have now traveled with this protective bag on many flights over the past year. There is one area on the bottom that's starting to show wear but that's what's to be expected after 5-6 round trip flights. I'm no longer stuffing the inside seat area due to our boy getting older and requiring less excess stuff (diapers, a million bath toys, wipes, etc) and that has tremendously assisted in this bag zipping much easier. The airline counter employees compliment the bag due to it making handling much easier. It makes solo travel easier also.

I finally decided to write a review on this car seat bag now that I've come back to purchase a 2nd one for our 2nd child. We bought the 1st one 3 years ago and it's still going strong! We travel fairly frequently, so its been on plenty of plane rides (for reference we live in Hawaii and the rest of our families are all over the mainland, so this thing has been all over the place many times) . We always check it with the rest of our luggage (car seats are free to check). While the back straps are nice, it is a very heavy, bulky load to carry. I can't really imagine trying to haul this thing all the way to the gates to gate check it. Plus we usually stuff other things in it with the car seat because our other bags tend to be close or over the weight limits (chronic over-packers here). After 3 years the zipper (the thing I was most worried would break) has held up great. The material and padding are strong and durable, but have suffered some small holes and tears...which can be expected with pretty much any piece of luggage that goes through the airports so many times. We used it with the Britax Boulevard 70 car seat and it fit fine... a little snug around the edges but we could still stuff the seat with other things (like bags of diapers, coats, shoes, dirty clothes, etc...) and it zipped up well and stayed together. And thankfully it also fit my son's new car seat--the Graco 4ever All-in-one. I was worried that seat would be too big for this bag but it actually fits in it great! It's a little pricey but we've definitely gotten our money's worth out of this bag. Hopefully we'll luck out with the 2nd one too.

I was worried this would be a huge headache to get my convertible car seat into, especially because my son's car seat barely fits in my SUV but it turned out to be a breeze. I was able to get dropped off at the airport, get the carseat out of the car and into this in under a minute. I was also able to put some swim diapers and regular diapers and a swim float vest into this and check it for free with the airlines. The padding helped to protect the carseat and it was easy to carry with the straps. I easily carried this, pushed a stroller with my two year old as well as dragged our large suitcase on wheels and had my own smaller backpack and my sons little suitcase on the stroller. Despite it looking like I was hauling it a lot, it was actually pretty easy.

UPDATE: bumped up rating to 5 stars because this bag held up well with just some minor little marks here and there. I luggage checked this bag, NOT gate checked it. When you luggage check your bags, it’s more of a risk for damage. I am shocked this bag has no major damage and has held up so well. I will update again next time I travel, so far so good. I am actually impressed with this car seat travel bag. It is very comfortable to wear on the back. I am 5’4” and posted a picture of me wearing it. It looks a little silly on because it’s so big, but oh well. The bag itself is light weight. It is really big and I think could accommodate most car seats. I am using this car seat bag with our travel car seat which is a costco scenera convertible car seat. It makes for a really nice pair because the costco scenera is a really light car seat. Our regular car seat- Graco extend to fit also fit great in the bag. I also tried it with our Graco snugride 35 infant car seat and that fit with room to spare. There is plenty of room left in the travel bag with our Scenera car seat for diapers, wipes, clothes, blankets, etc! I like how there is a name tag and handle on the bag. I will update on how the bag holds up after we use it at the airport if there is any trouble. The bag seems durable. If there is no update, the bag held up fine. If you are flying on an airline that charges for checked bags, you can put your child’s items in with the car seat to save money. Airlines don’t charge for car seats and strollers, at least in my experience.

This bag is amazing! I honestly didn't worry about the carseat getting dirty because the bag closes well and I didn't really worry about the seat being damaged because there is tons of padding. I also loved that there are straps so you can carry it like a backpack since we're now a family of 4 and any free hand is much needed when traveling. I did use someone else's trick and put some blankets, jackets and toys in the bag when we check it since we wouldn't need those things on the plane and it was a quick. I will say that we did this with a Chicco Keyfit and base so I have no clue what other carseats would fit in the bag.

Love this product! We decided to buy a car seat cover for a recent vacation after researching other people's experiences traveling. We are so glad we bought this particular one due to the size, padding, and ease of carrying it around (via backpack straps). The size was great - very large. We fit our infant car seat and a large black trash bag filled with baby food packets, diapers, wipes, blankets, etc in it. Since they didn't weigh our bag at the airport and the car seat is free, we saved a lot of money on baggage fees. It is absolutely big enough to hold a carseat and base (although we did not take our base). The quality of the bag & zipper was also great and held up great with traveling. The padding seemed very worth it considering we didn't buy a bag for our stroller and a piece of the stroller was broken by the airline we used. I can see us using this bag for a long time and we highly recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bao | Thơm Ngon