Anker PowerCore 26800 Portable Charger, 26800mAh External Battery with Dual Input Port and Double-Speed Recharging, 3 USB Ports for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Android and Other Smart Devices

  • The Anker Advantage: Join the 30 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Colossal Capacity: 26800mAh of power charges most phones over 6 times, tablets at least 2 times and any other USB device multiple times.
  • High-Speed Charging: 3 USB output ports equipped with Anker's PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology ensure high-speed charging for three devices—simultaneously (Not compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge).
  • Recharge 2X Faster: Dual Micro USB (20W) input offers recharge speeds up to twice as fast as standard portable chargers—a full recharge takes just over 6 hours while using both input ports (wall charger not included).
  • What You Get: PowerCore 26800, 2X Micro USB Cable, Travel Pouch, Welcome Guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. USB-C cable and Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.

Huge battery backup - packs a lot of power and the dual USB recharging is quick. It charges my iPhone 8 Plus quickly and has enough output to charge while using the phone (e.g. charges while playing Pokémon Go). I do wish the housing wasn’t so slippery, but I might add some grip tape in the future (read on to find out why...). I recently had the joy of experiencing Anker’s amazing customer service for this product. I accidentally dropped my unit as I was getting out of my vehicle (it slipped out of my hand and hit concrete). The drop was from a height less than 4 feet, but you can see the impact location on the corner near the side button. Unfortunately the button got stuck and doesn’t work unless you put torsion force on the button itself or on the case (something was twisted out of alignment). I was surprised to find that the unit does still work if you can get the button to function. Knowing that this was my mistake and the fact that I purchased this back in May 2017, I was unsure if I would get any help. I contacted Anker to ask if they offered a repair service because it seemed like this might be repairable (at my cost) with a new housing. Imagine my surprise when Anker offered a total replacement with a brand new unit at no charge to me!!! Thus far, my experience (I have previously purchased other items like iPhone and microUSB charging cables) with this company and their products has been great. They stand behind their products and are willing to go the extra mile when it comes to customer service. The product packaging is also quite nice as well.

What was life like before this charging bank?? I knew friends that had these, but I never bought one because I've always had the worst luck with them. Probably due to the fact that I always bought cheap $10 ones. Everyone said "you get what you pay for", but I still couldn't justify spending that much. WELL....My husband & I recently visited LA and had found that every outlet we used was terrible. Our hotel, a wedding venue, a cafe....EVERY PLACE we tried to charge our phone, it was soo slow, wouldn't fully charge & eventually died. Our last day of vaca we were worried about our trip to Disney, so we desperately bought this & had it delivered to one of those Amazon Boxes. Best. Decision. Ever. It was like having a normal charge, if not better. Other than our vacation, we find it useful for other things. We take a lot of road trips. It charges so much faster than a car outlet. It's so nice for when we are lounging on the couch, want to use our phones & don't want them plugged into the wall. Don't get me started on how awesome it is for camping! I'm sure it would benefit if the electricity went out. It's truly amazing. It's worth the money 100%. Only Cons I will say: It's heavy (but who cares!) & it takes forever to charge. By forever, I mean like 18 hours forever, but still so worth it because it can last for like a whole week without needing to charge. Not an issue if you remember to charge. We can be forgetful, so we actually bought a 2nd Power Bank from this company to be safe! l(But a less expensive/less powerful version. 26800 is definitely our main daddy though! lol) So the bottom line, I highly recommend!!

Update 3/28/19 Received the replacement Powercore today. Push the button, 50% led lit up, YES so far so good, this is what I would expect. Plugged it in with 2 charge chords and the 50% led flashed for about 10 minutes, AGAIN, YES perfect just what one should expect. Took it 3 hours and 30 minutes to complete the charge and the 4 leds to turn off. I think I got a good one this time, time will tell but I am perfectly satisfied for now! Again awesome CUSTOMER SERVICE! Update 3/26/19 Anker contacted me and did some more testing. Anker is sending me a new Powercore! I have a number of their power adapters and they have worked flawlessly for a number of years, I do like their products and this level of CUSTOMER SERVICE just takes them to the top of the heap. What most folks do not get is that EVERY company and EVERY product has an infant mortality rate and an adolescent failure rate, that is normal so this does not make the product a BAD product. Again it is how the company responds to these NORMAL failures that make a good company or a bad company. It is this kind of CUSTOMER SERVICE as well as their good products that will keep me coming back and purchasing from them. I just received this battery pack and it was completely dead with no charge at all, which is strange. I charged it with a Anker charger. It charged in about 6 hours using dual cords. Set it aside for 1 day and plugged the charger back into it and it was down flashing the final light for about 10 minutes with the dual chords. I can only assume this has a defective cell to loose that much charge just sitting there, which is probably why it was completely dead when I received it. I am going to let it sit over the weekend and if it is even lower on power it is going back. I will update this review in a few days.

Like others have said, this thing is a beast, a performance beast. It's larger than the typical smart phone and packs a tremendous amount of recharge juice. Mine arrived with a one led charge, and only took about four hours to bring it to full charge using the dual charging ports. Even though I also bought their wall wart, I charged it with two generic retractable USB cables. I travel with an Asus T101HA tablet that's good for a solid nine hours per charge, and it charged the tablet from 30% to full in about three hours. At the time I bought this, Asus was on Anker's compatibility exclusion list apparently because someone had complained that the Anker products didn't work with Asus. I'm a retired electronics engineer and I couldn't see any reason why it shouldn't work with my tablet, and after two or three email exchanges with Anker Customer Service, I bought the device and find that it's fine with the Asus tablet. I also plugged my Motorola smart phone in for a charge and it did fine with that as well. After charging both of my devices it still shows a full charge. It'll be interesting to see how it does on a road trip I'm about to go on where there will be very limited access to electrical outlets. I have confidence. I believe in keeping my equipment in its best shape, so I also bought a hard shell protective case for it. You can actually get your phone and the charger in the same case, connect them for charging, and pack it away until you get to your next point of needing your phone. I'm very pleased with these three devices as a system for travel. This is a short update to my review. I've now recharged my phone twice and my tablet twice. The battery pack is still showing two led's after that. This is a very powerful and impressive device.

I have purchased several chargers from inferior brands and found that they were just that... Inferior. Many of the small, portable chargers broke in no time. They would not keep a charge or provided such a minimal charge that they were virtually useless. They were also very difficult to ascertain if they were fully charged. I have been absolutely thrilled with how well my Anker PowerCore charger works for me. The status lights on it tell me how much or how little of a charge is remaining. I carry it in my job as a ranger. In my backpack, it adds very little extra weight. It is definitely worth it when I'm in a remote section of the park without any other source of electricity.

HISTORY: I have reviewed several Anker products. It seems like every product I buy from them, has been a solid made unit with great features for the money. Plus, Anker has an excellent support staff, and I've even seen their posts on Amazon helping those in need with their device. I've reviewed the Anker 15,000MAH battery, the 5-port wall charger, the 4-panel solar charger, and the 4 port USB 3.0 data hub. Today I am going to be looking at the massive 26,800MAH battery from Anker. PACKAGING: One of the things that always impresses me about Anker, is that they don't try to invest a bunch of money in fancy looking packaging. Instead, they invest their money in functional packaging that actually protects the product inside. All you need is a knife to remove the protective plastic over the box, and then the box opens up like a shell. The battery is inside a foam bag which is located on top of a smaller box, that contains the protective meshed pouch with the elastic closure, as well as the charging cables. SIZE: This battery is huge, it weighs in just over 1-pound or 17 ounces. And the dimensions of the battery are, 7-inches long, by 3.1-inches wide, and 0.9 inches deep. This puts the battery in the carry case within a backpack or purse class. Its far too big to be pocket-able, and its also too big for a fanny pack. This type of battery is best served for folks who might suffer power outages for long periods of time. Its also best for those who like to travel, or go hiking. Anker does make smaller batteries that weigh less, have less power capacity, however are more suited for the portable on the go pocket-able types. CASE: The Hermit Shell case does not come with the battery, however, can be purchased along with the battery. It is highly recommended by other's, and I have to recommend it as well. Its a really well made case with two zippers for enclosure, and also comes with a carabiner, so that you can hang it off your backpack while hiking. Inside the case, there are 2 slots. The bottom slot is used for the battery, and the top meshed slot is used for either storing your phone inside the case to charge, or for storing your charging cables. I prefer to use it for my charging cables. CABLES: The cables that come with the battery are low quality, which is really surprising considering the price you pay for this flagship battery pack. I however always listen to other people's recommendations, especially when thousands of them agree. So along with the battery and case, I also purchased the twin pack, of the red braided cables from Anker. I am so pleased with these cables, as I am able to unwind them from their coiled state easily, the cables do not fight me. And the cables use high quality USB plugs on them, and use a Velcro tie rap to secure them when coiled, I like that! The charging speed will be increased when using these cables as well, so they are a good buy. QUALITY: This battery comes with many certifications, and has built in safety features, so as to avoid certain inflammations, as seen from a popular phone maker, who's phone, literally was quite fired up. The battery uses Japanese capacitors on the PCB board, and uses 8-Japanese Panasonic brand, lithium 18650 cells. These are the same battery cells used in many CREE LED flashlights used today, and are also found in many notebook battery packs. The case surrounding the battery is made of anodized aluminum with plastic end caps. Aluminum is great for heat dissipation and ads durability, which I like. CAPACITY: This battery has a capacity of 26,800-MAH or 96-watt hours, which puts it just bellow the FFA regulations of 100-watt max, for bringing the battery with you on a plane. I've heard that China has stricter policies and they may still confiscate it. The battery can by charged by one cable, but will only provide a 2-AMP charge, and at that rate, it would take 14-hours to charge. By using two of the recommended red braided cables, you will get a 4-AMP charge, which reduces charge time to 7-hours. However, the battery came 75% charged from the factory, as lithium batteries cannot be shipped dead, and so it only took about an hour to top the battery off. The battery has a max output capacity of 6-AMPS, but can only deliver 3-AMPS per port. 3-AMPS is more then enough for all USB devices today, even the fanciest tablets don't require more then that to charge them. This battery charged my Alcatel Android phone 8-times! It can also charge my Dragontouch Android tablet 4-times. On average use of the battery, you can expect the charge to last a week. POWER AUGMENTATION: Most people will use these as battery chargers. But did you know that these can be used for power augmentation? For example, my tablet doesn't have the best battery inside it. Depending on what I am doing with the tablet, I can expect anywhere from 5 hours, to 1 hour of use. Using this battery, I can get at least 8-hours of use out of my tablet. However, I am not hooking it up via a standard USB cable, I am using a USB A to DC MINI jack. The reason for this, is because my tablet limits the charge AMPS through the USB port, however, allows for higher AMPS, through the DC charge port. This insures the battery in the tablet, does not drop bellow 100%, while connected to the battery. The main reason I bought the flagship battery pack, was for power outages. In the Pacific North West, we get major wind storms during the winter time. And every year, the power will get knocked out. Sometimes the power will only be out for 1-minute, other times, 1-day, or 1-week! I live in modern times, we don't live out in the wilderness telling each other camp fire stories and singing coombyaa. I live in the city darnnit, and I need my digital entertainment! I love playing Plants Vs Zombies during a power outage don't you? There is nothing better then slaying zombies with plants while your in the dark, waiting for the power to come back on. And then when the power does finally come back on, and everything suddenly becomes lighted up like a baseball stadium, no you didn't die and go to heaven, you've just been returned to modern civilization, welcome back. HEAT: The battery never really gets hot when charging my phone, tablet, or other devices. It however does get warm, when being used as augmented power, for the tablet. PORTS: This unit has 5-ports on one end of the battery, as well as a power switch on the side, and battery level indicators, in blue, on the front face of the battery. Two of the USB ports are MICRO USB, which are used for the twin cable charging system, to charge the battery. The other 3-ports are standard USB A 3-AMP charge ports, to charge your devices with. As stated before, the battery has a max capacity of 6-AMPS output charge. If using 2-ports at the same time, each device will get 3-AMPS per device MAX. If using all three ports, you can expect the charge rate to drop to 2-AMPS MAX. If you use an APP on your phone for detecting charge voltage and amperage, and you notice that your phone is only getting a 1-AMP charge, this is not the batteries fault, its your phone's programming, preventing a higher AMP charge to the phone. CHARGING: I really appreciate all the safety features and technology that go into making these battery packs. One of the features that I love, is that I don't have to turn the battery on, to start charging it. Just plug the cables into it, and it auto turns on, and shows level of charge, all throughout the charge time. I also don't have to worry about turning the battery off after charging. The battery automatically detects when its fully charged, and it will shut itself off. That takes a lot of guess work out when it comes to charging. To use the battery Just press the power button once to turn it on, and hold it down for 6-seconds to turn it off. The battery also has auto shutoff if no charging is being applied to a device for a given amount of time. CONCLUSION: This is by far, the best battery I've ever owned. If you have a thirsty for power personality, or a device that is power hungry, or you just want bragging rights against your friend, you definitely are going to want this battery pack. It has more then enough power for my needs, and then some. It has all the features I need out of a battery, and not useless ones like an LED light, as seen on previous years models. I recommend that you get the Hermit Shell case with yours, as well as the twin pack of RED braided cables. And I highly recommend this battery from Anker, 5 out of 5! UPDATE! NOV 22 2019 I wanted to give you guys an update, since I've owned this battery for over a year now. I've read several reviews from people, where they said their battery worked for several months, but then failed. One popular review in particular, stated that their battery lasted 9-months and failed. Good on Anker however, for replacing their battery under warranty! My only guess as to what is going on, is that some people have gotten defective batteries.. I however, haven't had any problems with my Anker 26,800MAH battery pack. It still takes a charge, just as it did before. And it still lasts just as long, just as it did before. Infact, I used it a few months ago, and was able to power my Tablet for up to 3-days, before my battery went down to a single LED! A good rule of thumb when it comes to lithium batteries, when you see the charge indicator get down to a single LED, immediately stop using the battery, and put it on a charge. Lithium technology shares a common problem with Lead Acid batteries. If you let them sit dead for too long, they will go bad, so just keep them charged, and as long as your battery is not defective, should last you a long time. As far as the actual aesthetics of my battery pack, it still looks the way it did when I bought it, aside from being a bit dusty lol. The battery has never overheated, and there are no strange blemishes on it. The ports are also still functional with no damage. Ideally, with proper care, lithium technology should last 5-years. Weather or not this battery will last 5-years, will just have to wait and see. But so far its passed the 1-year test. I still stand by with everything I originally said in this review. Its a quality battery pack, and I highly recommend it, 5 out of 5 STARS!

Just way too heavy for travel IMO. Found another product that cut the weight considerably while keeping the benefits. I think Anker can do better and should retire this model. Review Update: I returned this and received a full refund, and wrote the above review with two stars. Within w days of my review posting, I received a thoughtful, detailed email from Anker suggesting a different model and offering a replacement. Given that I know Anker is top quality, I took them up on the offer, and a replacement is on it's way to me. Email included a DIRECT LINK to a management team member if this did not resolve my concerns. Top notch customer service, customer orientation and good products far outweighed the extra weight of this one model - and the concierge level service of choosing and providing me a new one is just "Brand loyal for life"! Thanks Anker!

This is my fourth Anker power charger. We have phones for business uses and these are a necessity for us. The other three are the next lower amp hr but I tried this model for more power and I can charge it from TWO USB outlet cords at the same time, thereby cuts the charge time in half. Charges my phone about 8 times. We love this one already, just like our other Anker chargers. We may be out all day and we'd never be able to keep the phones working efficiently without these portable chargers. Most people really could use one.

This is a really good product. When I travel on business and on vacation I typically have numerous electronic devices that I am using, and often power plugs are not available. This is especially true in my business as an attorney. In court and in certain other venues it simply is not feasible sometimes to plug in that iPad or that iPhone, for example. This PowerCore 26800 is Anker's flagship largest portable battery in this class. This is a very large battery. It charges the iPad while I use it and also my iPhone. If you have one of these units it is fair to say that you have enough power to continually use an iPad while keeping it fully charged, and while charging other devices. Recommended. RJB.

Let's get this out of the way: this battery is MASSIVE, the "Mother of All Batteries" (but carry-on compliant!) This is a pretty unique battery: huge capacity, but no Qualcomm Quick Charge output and no USB-C Power delivery. However, you can charge this power bank VERY quickly using two 2A USB connections. That is a godsend. This will comfortable push 2A out of all three ports simultaneously. I wanted this power bank over one with a mixture of quick charge ports because of Anker's PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology. I needed this power bank to be an external power supply for a piece of camera equipment that can run off of two 5V 2.1A connections. In my experience, the combination of these two technologies offers the most stable five-volt output - even more so than quick charge 2.0 and 3.0 chargers/ports. This battery fits my needs perfectly, I can use all three ports concurrently, I trust the stability of the connection, and I have enough capacity to run this piece of equipment for hours, even in the bitter cold when battery life will be reduced. RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES: To charge this beast, I'd recommend upgrading the included cables (which are sufficient!) to 2x Anker PowerLine Micro USB (3ft) and the Anker Elite Dual Port 24W USB Travel Wall Charger. If you like braided cables as much as I do, the Anker PowerLine+ Micro USB (3ft) cables are top-tier. If you plan to toss this in a bag (or just like to keep your devices and cables organized), you may want a carry case for the power bank and some cables. I have had great experiences with EVA products - check out EVA Hard Protective Travel Case Carrying Bag for Anker PowerCore+ 26800. This battery is probably the last of its kind. More and more devices are moving to USB-C Power Delivery and/or Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0. The days of Micro USB are numbered. But until we move into a world where everything is on USB-C, there will still be a place for massive batteries like this. Let's be honest, if you're reading this review, you already know that this battery is the right one for you - it's in a league of its own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bao | Thơm Ngon

J.L. Childress Ultimate Backpack Padded Car Seat Travel Bag, Black